Wondering what to do with your Kuwaii Packaging?
All our packaging is either biodegradable, compostable, recyclable or reusable, and we are always looking at ways to do better while we strive towards a fully circular system where absolutely none of our packaging hits landfill. Whether you shop with us online or visit us in store, we would like to introduce to you the Kuwaii Reuse and Recycle Guide, to help all our customers in responsibly disposing of – or lovingly reusing – our packaging.
In 2018 we were one of the very first businesses to switch our online store postage to a fully compostable option. We were really proud of this initiative and we know our customers have loved it too. When you purchase online.
– Our ComPOST satchels are made entirely from corn starch and are completely biodegradable. You can dispose of these in your personal or community compost, or bring them into our Brunswick store where we can compost these for you. *note these are unable to be placed in your council green bin for composting.
– We also use Sellotape’s biodegradable sticky tape, which is made from regenerated wood pulp. If you receive any packaging from Kuwaii where sticky tape has been used, you can dispose of this in your compost too.
– Your clothing order will be wrapped in tissue paper, which we recommend ripping into small pieces and composted.
– Your footwear order will be packed in recycled Kraft paper offcuts from our Head Office pattern-making room, and a recycled Kraft box which you can either re-use, recycle or cut into small pieces and compost
– Occasionally we may need to post out online orders using an Australia Post Express Satchel. These plastic satchels can be recycled through Australia Post’s partnership with TerraCycle, which you can read more about here. You can also return your Express Satchel to any Kuwaii store and we can recycle this on your behalf